20th September 1915 (Mon)- 9th RWF War Diary
- The 9th R. W. Fus. Moved into IND I (b) occupying the trenches from Barton Road to Fife Road.
- The 9th Welsh on our right, and the 9th Cheshire's and the 6th Wilts being in Brigade Reserve.
58th Brigade Head Quarters entry for the same day
- In view of forthcoming operations, 56 Bde took over IND.1C subsection and portion of IND.1B (as far as BARTON ROAD)
- 9 RW Fusiliers moved into IND.1B, occupying from BARTON ROAD to FIFE ROAD.
- 9th Welsh took over occupying from BATON ROAD to GRENADIER ROAD
- 9th Cheshire moved back to intermediate line
- 6th Wilts moved to NORTHERN Point(?)
- The relief was carried out without a hitch
- A conference of Commanding Officers was needed for there attention when the PLAN for the forthcoming operation was explained and discussed
- The instructions were finally prepared that night and to be ..... early on the 21th
- Nothing recorded
- See above
- Things are starting to move along a pace now and the battalions are moved into position for the action in 5 days time