11th September 1915 (Sat)- 9th RWF War Diary
14 days to go before the Battle of Loos
- a hostile aeroplane was brought down to our left
58th Brigade Head Quarters entry for the same day
- Our machine guns opened fire on CRATER during the night to keep down enemy - working working parties(?)
- Every trench mortar was silenced by our artillery between 0900 - 0945 at s.27 C9.2
- A german aeroplane was brought down to our left. It fell within german lines and was destroyed by our artillery left
- IND 1.B was bombard by trench mortar between 0830 - 1000 - Slight damage to parapets(?)
- Relieved by the 9th Cheshire's.
- 9th RWF IN BRIGADE RESERVE AT ESTAMINET CORNER
- Sam is now in a rest area but not very far back from the front line.
- The bombardment seems to be increasing and now very little rest from it
- The plane shot down clearly caused some excitement