14th September 1915 (Tue)- 9th RWF War Diary
11 days to go before the Battle of Loos
- Employed occasionally in working parties.
58th Brigade Head Quarters entry for the same day
- Enemy shelling on our Front at A3 and 5D also XXXXX of LEES KEEP
- He also opened MG (machine gun) and rifle fire against IND 1A and shrapnel about A.3.C.3.7
- About 9:40pm prevouse veneing on XXXX at A3C3.2 fired at and KILLED a patrol of 4 Germans.
- Belonged to 57th Regiment which has been in our front line for some time
- at 2am everything opened!, Rifle MG and shrapnel fire against IND.1.C
- Was Silenced by our artillery
- A Very lively day and night!